Designed for electric bike riding, these minimalist Heritage bike helmets are inspired by the simplicity of vintage moped helmets from the 50s and 60s. Their cool, slick design really sets them apart from other helmets in their category. If they're cool enough for Mads Mikelsen, they're cool enough for us at LOCO!
- Secret PopLock for securing your bike helmet with your lock
- Vegan leather straps
- Integrated dial fit system for precise adjustments
- One-handed magnetic fastener
- 7 vents with internal channelling
- A built-in low-profile visor
- CPSC, ASTM F1492, and CE EN1078 safety certified
- Lightweight helmet at 410g (Small), 460g (Medium), 490g (Large)
The Thousand Story
Before starting Thousand, I never wore a helmet, even though I was a long-time cyclist. They were too bulky, too inconvenient, and too futuristic-looking. But when I lost a friend to a fatal bike accident, I knew I had to change. Instead of settling for the “sci-fi” looking helmets on the market, I got to work designing one.
We named our company "Thousand" as a promise – a commitment and a goal of helping to save 1000 lives by making helmets people actually want to wear. Our name serves as a daily reminder of why we do what we do.
Safety is why we started Thousand. We launched on Kickstarter in 2015, and I'm still grateful for each and every order that we ship, because it means another rider that's choosing to be safe by wearing a Thousand helmet. Every time a member of our community writes to us, letting us know their helmet kept them safe in an accident, we’re inspired to do even more and keep more riders safe on the road.
– Gloria, Founder of Thousand